Sunday, February 22, 2009

We're Metal

Every so often something happens to me that makes me question the general sanity of everyone in the world. It doesn't have to be anything major, truth be told its more often then not something that I probably notice on my own. Since my attention is grabbed by the strangest things sometimes. This weekend I was a participant in a conversation that at best I can only describe as the feeling of a giant spoon being inserted into my head that stirs my brain around untill my ability to process something as fact is disabled. This is the conversation, word for word, and you'll see why I am so dumbfounded...

Dude: Hey, whats your name?
Me: V, whats yours?
Dude: We're Metal.
Me: What the hell does that mean? Is your name metal?
Dude: No.
Me: Are you in a band?
Dude: Yea.
Me: Is your band named 'Metal'?
Dude: No.
Me: Do you guys play metal?
Dude: No.

After further analyzing the next morning I can only assume that this character has split personalities and that these sub-personalities are in a metal rock band. He did, after all, address himself as 'we're' not 'I'm' .. which means that he must think of himself as more then one entity. And to clear any questions up before they start, he was completely alone when he was speaking to me, no one was around him giving him a reason to use the term 'we're'. I don't know whats up with this guy.. but he seems like he is a few cards short of a full deck. Either way, when I think about his response it always raises a heavy chuckle out of me. So, despite any confusion on my part, he did create a happy memory for me.. even though the humor is at his expense. You can't win them all. *cheers*

3 comments:

Kenny said...

Dude, that's fuxxing metal. I don't know it just is. Ha,ha,. I love the stuff you come across. Seriously though, I think it's just the fact that you're so intimidating that makes guys gah,gah and drool out obscenities.

Maria Valcarce said...

Where an opinion is general, it is usually correct.

Metal is nutts!

V said...

Ok, Jane Austin....