Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Day Of Love

It's February 12th.. the day before the day before the dreaded day of love. Let me be clear... I do not hate Valentines Day, I just hate the impact it has on everyone, single and attatched alike. For the past week I've been talking my friends of ledges and these are successful, smart, intelligent people. The kind of people who stand up in the word and make differences and shit.. and yet somehow this stupid day makes them question every desicion they've made in the last 365 days.



It's not that phone calls asking me if 'I should have called him one more time' aren't always nice to recieve but.. this coming from someone who is so strong, sure of themselves, and otherwise perfectly in contol of everything else is a little disconcerting. It seems that even those who have their lives in order somehow feel a litle sensitive around this time of year. My theory is that its all about timing... Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years have only really passed about two months ago. And we all know the added pressure to 'have a date' on those wonderfully miserable holidays. Where every relative we have (who we mysteriously never see untill the end of every year) asks us where our boyfriends are or when we are thinking of settling down. Thereby forcing us to think that maybe we aren't as complete as we had thought we were.. right? Well.. I feel that after New Years Eve is over (lets not forget about the New Years Kiss) we only get two months to recoperate before we are forced once again to be in a position to explain our 'single-ness'. Not enough mental rehabilitation time if you ask me. But c'est la vive. We'll do it all over again next year. The best advice that I can offer anyone interested in recieving it is: Valentine's Day is only as important as you make it out to be. Don't fret... after all, you'll have all of the 2009 Holidays to feel miserable. *Cheers*

No comments: