Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Plans

Looking at my life now I can safely say that it is nothing like I had planned it to be when I was a preteen let alone a teenager. I expected to be miles away from where I stand now in every department of my life. What happens to plans when they don't work out? Are they given to the next person in line or do they just become a different set of plans that fit your new situation? I am choosing to believe that your plans eventually get filled when you are ready to fill them. But what about when you're ready but are otherwise unable to fulfill your previously planned plans??.. I don't know, I guess you do what everyone does.. shrug and just get through today. I started thinking about plans today.. obviously, and how different my life would be if my plans would have remained undisturbed. Where I would live, who I would be, and what being that person would have costed me. Sometimes when things don't go as planned we start to resent our current lives and everything associated with them. I have learned enough in my short years to know that there are certain things that you can never take for granted and that the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence. But there is always going to be that shadow of doubt isn't there??.. that faint voice in the back of your head questioning whether you should have made a different choice. I rarely second guess myself but when I do it eats me up for ages. I do that whole 'pros' and 'cons' list in my head and think things through logically, emotionally, and every other 'lly' that I can think of. Eventually I over analyze the thing so much that I forget what it was I was arguing with myself about in the first place. But hey, that's me. I am starting to think that nobody really ends up where they had planned to be in the beginning, but that is a part of the journey of life isn't it? I guess I'll find out sooner or later. *cheers*

1 comment:

Maria Valcarce said...

I think you shouldn't dwell on plans not going as planed. I think that if its meant to be it will be, but that is not to say you shouldn't have goals. There is the difference, Having goals and Having plans. Remember " Plans are made to be broken". Goals is what move you ahead and keep you on the right direction. Also just because something didn't turn out as you planed doesn't make it bad, just make new ones and go forward with the new plans. But what you are missing is the " GO FORWARD" and don't stop, even if everyone is telling you to. Standing still is the worse thing you could do.