Friday, September 12, 2008

The Break-Up

We've all been there, that time when you look at the other person and think 'man, I'd rather go get a cleaning then have the same old boring conversation with you again'. Yea, I'm kinda there now but its not a romantic thing.. sadly its with a friend of mine. It's always harder breaking up with a friend then a guy for me, partly because I always hold my friends close and partly because I don't really take guys too seriously yet. Anyway it's just gotten to a point with this person that I am tired of dealing with their lack of consideration toward anyone and everyone around them. For a couple years I played the 'benefit of the doubt' card with this person while everyone else rolled their eyes at me but I reached my official point of no return last weekend. It was just a gigantic mess of an evening from the very beginning to the 'put me out of my misery' end. A gigantic mess, I may add, that would have never happened had I listened to my inner voice and not taken this person up on an invitation, damn me for not following my instincts. Anyway, after that abortion of a night was over I needed time to decompress and I silenced all of the calls I received the next day so I could think about what to do. The thing is, it was one of the more obvious decisions I've had to make in a while, you shouldn't have to 'tolerate' your friends. I have been making excuses for this persons behavior for years now and frankly I think that enough chances have been given for he/she to make amense.. instead I get 'I'm sorry' phone calls every time we hang out together; "I'm sorry's" by the way, that don't mean anything anymore. Anyway, after venting about this with another friend I felt like I had finally had enough of this person and there was no reason for me to continue tip-toeing around the facts anymore. I exchanged a few words with the said person, let him/her know how I was feeling and left things like that.. honestly. It felt more like a business call then anything else.. I could probably record my end of the conversation and put it online to sell to people who want to fire employees, break up with their girlfriends, etc. Afterwards I felt relieved.. Like a load had been lifted from my shoulders. I did feel about .0005% sorry for this person because I feel like I'm the only one who really 'got them' but I'm more important to me then they are. And I didn't deserve allot of the B.S. I had to choke down from this lamer. So here is to not putting up with shit you don't have to!! *cheers*

2 comments:

Tpau said...

go

Jiggidy said...

WORD!

i would just like to say.. IT'S ABOUT FRIGGIN TIME! lmao

xxoo love you "V"!