Sunday, December 7, 2008

Momma's Boy

Ever since I can remember, I've been completely and utterly turned off by anyone who was dependant on other people for simple, common sense things, that anyone with a single brain cell can do. More specifically its always been a real turn-off to see a man who's been raised with their mommy doing every little thing for them and doesn't even know how to do something as simple as turn on a burner on a stove. I once actually had a friend who didn't know where the kitchen garbage bin was because after eating his meals (prepared for by mommy) he wouldn't even have the common courtesy of picking up his plate and putting it into the sink.

This morning, I went from being in a great mood to getting all pissy in about two minutes. Today, unlike yesterday when I was hung over like you wouldn't believe, I woke up and was ready to grab the day by the balls..as I made my bed I was planning all the things I was going to do: Wrap some Christmas gifts that I'd bought, clean up the kitchen floor, etc. When I got to the kitchen my brother was already awake and watching television with my dad, my mom was at her computer downloading the millionth song this weekend on LimeWire. And I decided to brew up some much desired espresso for myself..

As I was making the froth, I overheard my mother talking about how my brother's (21) uniform is in the dryer. (Grrrrrrrrrr!) I realize that this doesn't really affect my life in any immediate way but I hate that my brother has become one of those guys that I make fun of all the time and can't possibly respect. I would question why he doesn't want to take things upon himself but.. he has it so easy why would he complain. Anyway, the only thing that makes me feel less angry about this is that he had to go in to work today while everyone is here at home.. hehe. *cheers*

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Just because your mother washed your brother's uniform, does not mean that he is a Mama's boy. Perhaps she was just being helpful knowing that he would soon wake and since the laundry is done on Monday's during the day when the kid is at work. His uniform never gets washed.

V said...

I wouldnt call a 21 year old a 'kid'. And he is a mommas boy.

Deivis said...

I come from a family of very little means. From 3 years of age until up to 16 I used to live in this foster home where I learned a lot of values and built my personally. I've been living by myself since then and I wish I had somebody to care for me like your mom does to you guys. I really do. Although I feel that all the hardships I've been through helped me to become this sort of self-oriented person I'm now, I do envy the life style of a well-structured family like yours. If you get my drift. I'll start reading your blog everyday, I should practice my English.

Thank you.