Monday, December 1, 2008

Just As You Are



I was never really a fan of the Bridget Jones movies.Truthfully, the only parts that I found entertaining were the fight scenes. I watched them both though, not in theatres but I did see them at home.. I love Colin Firth. Anyway.. in the wee hours of last night/this morning I watched the first movie and suddenly I understood her. The first time I watched the movie I didnt really get her.. I just thought she was some strange middle aged woman who couldnt dress and always embarassed herself. But, last night I really got it... and more then that I understood what Marc Darcy (C.F.) represented.. he was the guy every girl dreams of having but overlooks because he is so safe. This scene in particular moved me because its every persons fantasy that they can find someone who doesnt want to change one single thing about them. "Just as you are" *cheers*

3 comments:

Shanna said...

I'm a huge Colin Firth fan as well. He is so perfect as Mark/Mr. Darcy. It is hard to believe that someone like him would want a girl with plenty of baggage like Bridget. That is what makes the Mark character so enduring.

Unknown said...

Well put! You young girls are always putting off on the safe and normal. I have often said, go after the geeks, you might be surprised in the end.

V said...

That's cause you are a geek 'Bail'.. LMAO