Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Other Woman

So a friend of mine told me today how her best friend utterly betrayed her by sleeping with a guy she was dating. She isn't currently dating him, but the information was shared by the guy when she approached him about some money he owed her, money that isn't in his plans to pay back. Loser. Anyway... I have to say that although she isn't exactly the closest friend to me I became very angry for her. I cant say that I've ever been in her shoes but I can empathize since I definitely know what its like to learn that your 'best friend' isn't exactly your best friend or even your friend for that matter.

Why is it that women do these things to each other? Why be a dime a dozen when you have a chance to be one in a million?? These are some of the questions I wish I knew the answer to. It's so easy to be predictable, boring, selfish..I suppose thats why I go the route less traveled and actually hold my friends dear, have their best interests at heart. (But, silly me I thought thats what you're supposed to do)

Anyway...I am not sure what the point of this blog is other then to try and understand why it is that 'friends' destroy friendships sometimes and for the dumbest reasons. I have no resolution. So I'll go.

No comments: