Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Next In Line Please!

Today was an interesting day. It started out with my usual stagger down the hall into the kitchen where I was met by my first daily chore, followed almost immediately by my morning cafe con leche.
A little later, cafe con leche in hand, I made my bed and checked my emails as usual. A phone call interrupted me though.. it was a friend of mine who started about some romantic problem he wanted my guidance on but had to get back to work, so he told me he would call me back in ten minutes. Then, as I'm checking my email a window pops up.. another friend of mine.. with a romantic problem that she wanted my advice on. Not one to brush anyone off.. I listened intently and gave her the best input I could. No less then two minutes after I ended the conversation with her then my other friend calls me back.. he went into the issues a little but I decided this was a conversation better had in person. And since it was getting close to feeding time I suggested we meet for lunch.
As we ate, he told me all about it, from beginning to end.. and I was truly touched that he chose me to open up to. We spoke about it for a good while, and we then went to the mall to run an errand I had.
The funny thing about the problems that both my friends had was that not only were both of their problems exactly the same.. but I myself am going through the exact same thing. It was so strange... I mean what are the chances that you and two other people are going through pretty much the exact same thing.. almost down to the day. Kinda freaky. You got any weird stories?? *Cheers*

No comments: