Friday, January 30, 2009

Crystal Clear

As if this past year hasn't been a journey down self discovery enough, these past two weeks have really proven everything that I've slowly been learning. See, last Tuesday my Aunt became sick. It's one of those things that you swear will never happen to you or anyone you love but somehow.. happened. At first I took the role of 'person who has it together so that everyone else can freak out' and it made everything allot easier on everyone else. Especially my Aunt. So I had no problems being that person.
Then these past few days I have been the one to take her places, and listen to her vent, and even though the prognosis is excellent it made me realize how much I would hate to lose anyone in my life.
It also made me see the true colors of some people who should have behaved/thought differently then they ended up doing. But I suppose that's just something that ends up happening whenever there is a catastrophe in any ones life.
Anyway, this whole experience has made me really open and willing to embrace everyone around me, instead of keeping that wall up so high they can barely see over it.
Here's to every ones health, love, and happiness! *cheers*

No comments: