Saturday, October 4, 2008

Rainy Days

It seems like everytime there is a rainy day here (which in the summer is every afternoon, and in the winter is every afternoon) it seems that I have an increased number of 'outside activities'. Like, on beautiful sunny days I end up trapped in the house but on the days its grey and hurricane-like outside there is always some pressing appointment or chore that needs my immediate attention. Just like today.. there is this charity garage sale thingie and of course it is pouring outside. I wasnt even a part of it untill this morning when my mom called me asking me to prod around the house to see if there were any miscelaneous items that I could throw into a box and bring over to sell. I have to admit, I didnt really get up too eagerly, but once my feet touched the cold floor there was nothing for me to do but move and move fast. I did decide to do some small chores before heading out, hoping the rain would have drizzled down by then, no luck. After I eliminated all the reasons for me not to go out into the rain there was no choice but to brave the elements and carry the medium sized box to my car and head out. It wasnt as bad as I thought, I was wet, but nothing too crazy. Of course when I got to said event there was no one there because of the bad weather and it had been rescheduled for another weekend.. I briefly questioned why my mother hadn't called me to inform me of such a change in plans. But, I dragged the box upstairs and decided to make lemonade.. so I whipped up some expresso, passed it out, and utilized the time to catch up with a couple people from my mothers office. Wasnt too bad.. but hopefully the rain stops before heading out to the club tonight.. that would really suck. I'll let you guys know. *cheers*

No comments: